Saturday, August 7, 2010

Let The Traditions Begin!

When I was a little girl, I l-o-v-e-d back to school shopping.
My mom and I would make a whole day of it, complete with going out to lunch together and hitting the malls. One summer I even worked odd jobs around the neighborhood so that I could have even extra money to shop with {so apparently, my habit started young} and to make the deal even sweeter, my mom told me she would double whatever I earned. Now that was motivation!
So with Kindergarten looming {just a few weeks away!} it was time for me to begin the tradition with my own little girl.
Isabella and I got up early and went out to breakfast, just the two of us, to IHOP where Bella got her first chocolate chip smiley face pancake. It looked totally gross to me now that I am an adult, but I remember ordering that when I was little...and eating chocolate for breakfast seemed like a dream.
{ignore the quality- it was taken with my iphone}

Then we began hitting the stores and crossing off things on our shopping list. We stocked her closet full of new shoes, sweaters, cardigans and adorable uniform outfits {yay for uniforms! It made shopping soooo much easier} and we got all the school supplies that her Kindergarten teacher requested. Bella was an excellent little shopper, and it was so wonderful to spend an entire day with just the two of us.
I just cant believe that my baby is turning 5 next week, and I am so thankful for every moment we spend together. She is becoming this amazing little person, and I just can't imagine life without her!

3 comments:

Jenna Jill said...

I LOVE the pancake picture. You have the best ideas Bri. Bella is having such a great little childhood. It's inspirational.

The Abram Family said...

Are you kidding? That pancake looks amazing! I bet you would eat it if there were sour patch kids on it!

Bri and John said...

you know what Heath... I bet I would :-)