Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today Was The Big Day


Today Bella arrived at her new school.... Scottsdale Christian Academy.
I've been talking about this day, and thinking about this day for a long time now. But it didn't seem real until we watched her line up at the sound of the playground whistle, and enter her new room. My baby seemed so old now, and thank goodness my big sunglasses hid my tears because I just couldn't stop them. I didn't want Bella to see me cry, so I smiled beneath the tears as I waved her good-bye. I had totally kept it together all morning, and even as we arrived at the playground and watched her play. But when she actually lined up, and marched right into this new phase without even turning back or hesitating for a second... I started feeling that lump in my throat- and it was all tears from there. I made a beeline from the school straight back to the car- really unable to even talk. I honestly didn't anticipate on feeling so emotional! But I'm a mom. And those kind of emotions just come with the territory. Bella and I have a very special bond, and I'm thankful for these types of emotions because it just reminds me of how deeply I feel about her, and how special she is to me.

We started out the day with a family breakfast, and John made her special mickey mouse pancakes {her request}. Then I got her all dressed and ready, and braided her hair {again, at her request. She is very opinionated these days}.

She looked so stinkin' adorable, and she had her cute backpack and matching lunchbox in hand- all ready to go!

I packed her lunch last night, and included a special shortcake desert and a little note for her as a surprise :-)

Of course we made her pose for pictures all morning so that we could forever remember this big day with our little girl.

Of course, Ty had to hug his big sister and wish her good luck on her big day :-)

She gave him a little pep-talk and told him that she would be fine, and he needed to be a good boy :-) They are so precious!!

Then it was time to head out for school, so we had a quick family prayer for Bella's big day, and then we all went as a family to see her off.
We arrived at school early, so Bella played on the Kindergarten playground while we waited for the whistle (and of course, took more pictures)

The time had come for her to go into class, so we watched with heavy hearts as she lined up and walked away.
Sometimes I feel like I love my kids so much, that my heart will burst.
Isabella and Tyler mean the world to me, and I never in my wildest dreams thought that being a mom would change me in the way that it has.
And although I can't do anything to stop her from growing, I feel so blessed. Blessed that Bella and I are so close... blessed that we are able to send Bella to such a wonderful school... blessed that she is happy and healthy and blessed that this is only the beginning of all new adventures waiting for us..... :-)

5 comments:

Aunt Sharon said...

I know precisely how your heart feels...now multiply that x 28 years and you might begin to understand the depth of love Dad & I feel for you Brianna..love just continues to multiply through the years! Hugs & Kisses, Mom

Melissa Morelli said...

What great pictures and commentary for this new part of life in the Anderson family. I love how BIG Bella's backpack is compared to her little frame. :) And, for the record, your mom's comment made me cry.

The Abram Family said...

What an amazing bitter-sweet memory, one you will remember forever. Bella is such a sweet girl and so blessed to have a mom that cares so much! Love the pictures :)

Yule said...

I can't believe how fast time goes!!!Love the pictures and I am so excited for Bella's new adventure.

elise said...

I have only been gone 6 months... and already she Looks So Old!! That is incredible. I adore the picture of Bella talking to Tyler. Ack! I miss you guys.. congratulations, Bella!