Friday, January 30, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Has it really been a week since I last posted? Sometimes I can sit at the computer a lot, and sometimes I barely get a chance to sit at all. So here is my confession for today's activities....enjoy!!
1) I did not eat a cold piece of pizza for breakfast this morning....with a cup of coffee- no less :)
2) I did not cancel my dentist appointment for no good reason other than I simply don't feel like going!
3) I did not secretly really enjoy watching my TiVo'd episode of "17 Kids and Counting" on TLC. **(By the way- does anyone else out there watch that show?? Its bizarre, enthralling and exhausting to watch- all in one!)
4) I did not forgo all my morning chores and opt to instead have coffee and girl-chat with a girlfriend at my house this morning. (PS- Thanks for the impromptu visit! I love any excuse to ignore the housework and laundry!)
5) I did not recite (word-for-word) the entire book of "Pinkalicious" with Bella tonight. I've read that darn book with her too many times.....
6) I did not get a little sad today when Ty kissed me and the thought flashed in my mind that little boys only kiss their moms for a short amount of time. *Sniff* That adorable little man just breaks his momma's heart.
Monday, January 19, 2009
OK, so quite a while ago someone told me about a mom's blog that I should read. Since then, I've seen or talked to so many women who have also been followers of this woman's blog. Her nickname is "MckMama", and the story of her life and her 4 kids is inspiring. She really relates to wives, mothers, sisters, daughters...just plain women in general. One of her fun ideas is to post a "Not Me!!" blog every Monday that talks about things that she absolutely did NOT do.....
I've jumped on the bandwagon.....so here is my "Not Me!" Monday tidbits......
1) I did not hear our son crying at 6:15 this morning and ignore him (pretending I couldn't hear him) until 6:45.- when I was finally forced to wake up because Bella jumped in our bed and therefore woke me up for good.
2) I did not bribe Bella with a gigantic gumball at the mall today so that I could get her to stop talking for a few minutes and get my errand run in peace.
3) I did not forget to buckle Tyler when I put him back into his stroller after lunch,.....and I did not start to run him over before realizing that he was slipping out the bottom!!! Not me!!
4) I did not just look down at my arm and realize that I still have a half-worn fake Cardinals tattoo on my bicep from yesterdays football game (ok, so I don't have much of a "bicep", but what else can I call my upper arm?!) Who hasn't showered yet today? Not me!
5) And I certainly did not spend my precious free-time, while the kids were napping, eating my lunch on the couch and flipping through my People magazine. I'm much more productive than that.
So there you have it. Stay tuned until next Monday...and jump in if you want to deny the things we all know are true...and funny :)
Sunday, January 18, 2009
We were so incredibly excited to witness history for Arizona today...and sitting in the 9th row, we had an amazing view of 2 touchdowns by Fitz right in front of us!! The entire stadium was on their feet for over 4 1/2 hours.....and you know its loud when you can feel yourself screaming at the top of your lungs, but you can't actually hear yourself :)
See our pictures from the game by clicking this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/Bri.and.John/NFCChampionCardinals#