Monday, December 29, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
For no reason in particular, I just had to share this picture of my two boys. It touches my heart and makes me smile when I look at it- ....I even wonder if God has it in His plans for Tyler to have a son of his own someday..... Thank you Lord for these two wonderful blessings in my life.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
I know I haven't posted a blog entry in forever...but I blame it on the busyness of our family's' everyday. But lately I have felt convicted to slow down and enjoy the little things that are zooming by around me.
Work, raising kids, keeping up with the house, bible studies, outings with friends, dinners out, date night with my husband, church activities, holiday parties, Christmas shopping....augh! The list goes on and on. Even as I sit here and write, I'm feeling guilty because the kids are napping, and there are at least 5 more productive things that I could be doing. But before I started writing this blog, I saw the picture posted above, and it made me pause and smile. It kind of represents how our family is going down our path...keeping busy...but to stop and pause for a quick kiss or to enjoy each other is what I look forward to the most. My kids may never remember how hard I worked to keep our house clean, meals prepared and everyone on schedule- but I hope they look back and remember that mom and dad always had time to love them......and maybe steal a quick kiss :)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
She must have put it on her sometime before she left. I just had to grab my camera and take a picture because this completely epitomizes my little Isabella....so girly and feminine....and she knows that every outfit isn't complete without the perfect accessory. I love our little princess!!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1. The house is a disaster today. I'm trying to be more casual about my cleanliness lately- but today I actually saw a clump of hair and dust bunnies float across the floor. Yuck.
2. Tyler had a major blow-out in his pants and it managed to seep out of his diaper and onto the back of his tee shirt- which I did not notice when I went to pick him up! Double-yuck.
3. We have NO groceries in the house...I've been putting off grocery shopping because I hate it- but I seriously need to make a list today. Does anyone out there actually make a "meal-plan" when they shop? Kuddos to you because I'm trying it and it's already frustrating me.
4. We were late getting Bella to her cooking class....I don't know why, but I just couldn't get it together fast enough today.
5. Bella made Pumpkin Mousse in her cooking class today...which was actually quite delicious! But then she offered her cup full of mousse to Tyler when we were in the car (unbeknownst to me).....and when I looked back at him in the mirror, he had orange pumpkin mousse all over his face, clothes and brand new big-boy car seat.
*on a positive note: my car smells like Thanksgiving!
6. At home, both kids refused to eat the lunch I made them- so everyone is cranky and probably hungry.
7. My hair increases in size and frizz with stress- so today I look like Diana Ross.
But one thing that made me smile to myself.... when I went to check on Bella after she had fallen asleep for her nap, I found her in her bed with about 15 stuffed animals and dolls lying with her. She also had her jewelry box laying on her bed open...and every doll or animal was wearing a necklace. :)
Sigh. I don't know whether to laugh or collapse with exhaustion. Just one of those days!
PS- Stay tuned for a picture of Tyler's pumpkin disaster that I took with my cell phone.....
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Sometimes Bella will tell us stories about her friends at preschool....and sometimes it cracks John and I up to hear about life through her eyes. Tyler usually sits happily and eats everything in sight...and we can usually catch Bella sneaking him food off her plate as well. Last night Tyler really loved having spaghetti, and I had to grab the camera so that I could always remember his sweet little face. He looks so content and so happy as he enjoys his dinner....
Like I said, it's just a small moment- but I wish I could hold on to them for a little longer!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I was just putting Bella down for a nap a little while ago, and she asked me if I would stay in the room for a little while with her. She asks this every time because she will say or do anything to avoid having to go to sleep. I told her to ask Jesus if He would hang out in her room with her for a little while, so she closed her eyes and said,
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
After much reluctance, I have succumbed to the world of blogging. With all our friends and family that live far from us- this is the best way to share stories and pictures of our life and family. We have a photo album site online that we update frequently, so we'll include a link to the gallery and let everyone know when we've posted new pictures. Yes- we are those parents that take waaaay to many pictures of their kids..but I've accepted it and proudly own it! Life with Bella and Ty is too precious for us to not try to document every memory that we can.....we are already learning that they grow fast and we will never look back and say, "man, I wish we didn't take all these pictures!"
So here we go....I'll try to be diligent about posting recent family news, funny little daily happenings around our house, or even recent prayer requests or answers to prayer. I feel better about using this blogsite rather than something like Facebook or MySpace (no offense to all of you that use those.....yes, I know there are a lot of you! Shame Shame :))
For now, you can see recent pictures of our family at http://picasaweb.google.com/Bri.and.John
Until next time-
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."