Thursday, August 18, 2011

She's 6.

Six.
Six.
I still can't believe it.

Our little girl is growing up so fast, and each year I feel like I'm still in denial. But despite the fact that I don't like it, it still happens. She's getting older, and I am just loving every minute I have with my sweet girl. I took her out to take some special birthday pictures (you can see them HERE), and as I was looking at the images, I could already see the change sin her face from last year.

Less round and full. A little older looking. More expressive and mature. Ugh, it just kills me.
Grandma and Papa came into town, and we started the fun with a party on Saturday night with just a small group of family and Bella's godparents, Uncle Matt and Aunt Heather. We played and had desserts, and most importantly- sang to our sweet birthday girl.
Then on Sunday, we started her birthday with a special breakfast (certain items at her request) and then she was eager to get into her presents. This year was really fun shopping for Bella because she is growing into a new and older phase of gifts. She got some "real" make-up and a make-up case, cute clothes and shoes, an adorable purse from a "grown-up" store (I got it from one of my favorite boutiques, and Bella felt sooo special that she got a real purse and not a pretend dress-up purse), new earrings, books (she is such a fabulous reader- I'm SO proud!!), and then her BIG present.....

Like mother like daughter- what can I say.
And notice we keep it in the Nikon family. Had to represent. ;)

She's always bugging me to let her use my camera, which isn't a great idea since my camera and lenses could cover the cost of her school tuition. But I want to allow her to explore this new passion of hers, so I thought it was only fitting that I got her a real camera- just for her- and in a lovely shade of purple of course.
And boy, was it a hit. She has that thin everywhere she goes, and it is absolutely hilarious to watch her "pose" all of us for pictures. In fact, I think I'll make a blog post out of her pictures from her camera pretty soon. She's really got a talented eye for it! I love that we are in that phase where we can share interests, hobbies and activities. I just love my little girl!!

* modeling her new purse and getting ready for her party with her friends,
which is coming up.....*

No comments: