Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home Sweet Second Home

Ahhhh San Diego.

A place near and dear to my heart since I spent many of my own childhood years on these beaches... and then met and fell in love with my husband in San Diego many years later =) It's a little piece of my heart, and we escape to it as often as we can. This time, we stayed for a week- and it was seriously one of the best weeks' we've had in a long time. Sleeping in... morning walks on the beach to get breakfast and coffee, spending out afternoons at parks and beaches... totally perfect.

Ty's new favorite thing to do this trip was to use his shovel to collect sea shells.... which are obviously in plentiful supply in San Diego... and so I had about 5 pounds of sea shells by the end of the week. I just didn't have the heart to throw any back, each time he ran up to me eagerly with a new tiny shell =)

We played in the pool each day after wearing ourselves out at the beach, and the kids were more entertained by climbing and wrestling with dad, than anything else.

And one of my highlights of the trip was an afternoon spent at the La Jolla Cove, which has always been one of my favorite places ever. I remember going there as a little girls, and hunting in the caves with my bucket- searching for tiny sea crabs and cool things that were nestled in the tide pools. If you haven't ever been to the Cove before- you really need to go! It's a little gem of San Diego, and it made me so happy to see my kids enjoy it as much as I did when I was their age =)

We played mini golf, went to Belmont Park, and even went on a real pirate ship (more to come on that soon!)
And of course, we spent an afternoon at Disneyland =) I can't even count how many times we have been this year.. we are sure putting our passes to good use, that's for sure!!
And nothing says, "We had so much fun at Disneyland" like this picture:
More to come soon!....

No comments: