Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I've Got The Luck Of The Irish.....

... and it comes in the form of these two beautiful little munchkins :-)



In celebrating my ethnicity of 1/2 Irish (thanks to my mom and the Irwin side of the family), I enjoy getting the kids all decked out in their green outfits and preparing a traditional Irish meal of corned beef, cabbage and baby red potatoes. The recipe for preparing corned beef is actually quite easy...but somehow, I'm still confused and find myself constantly checking on it all day long. I may have also called my mom about 5 or 6 times to verify that I was doing it right. But now the house smells delicious, and I'm fairly confident that it will be cooked correctly. Note that I said "fairly confident"....you just never know until you cut it open and take a few bites. Fingers crossed!
On a more serious note, St. Patricks Day marks exactly 5 years since we said good-bye to my Opah. He was my mom's dad, and the patriarch of the Irish brood on that side of the family. His funeral was appropriately on St. Patrick's day, and had beautiful Irish flair- complete with bagpipes and all. We miss you Opah, we will remember you tonight as we enjoy our Irish meal in your honor. You would be proud to see my corned beef! :-)

No comments: