Monday, March 22, 2010

Morning Trouble.

This looks like a sweet little angelic face, right?
Well, don't let him fool you.
Recently John and I have pleasantly discovered that we can get at least 30 more minutes of sleep in the morning because the kids have been getting up and playing together quite well lately. They read books, watch cartoons in Bella's room or go play in the office or playroom together...and we get to sleep some more!
However-
We have come to learn the consequences of letting them play without us knowing what's going on. This morning I woke up to find that Tyler had taken a purple marker to the playroom carpet...and the sliding glass doors....and his arms and legs. I started scrubbing it immediately (thank goodness for washable markers) and then promptly threw every marker I could find in the house, into the trash. As for his arms and legs- oh well. Yes, I am sure we got some stares as we ran errands together this morning. Yes, I am the mom who is so tired of scrubbing marker off her son, that I finally just came to the conclusion of "whats the point?"
But the part that gave me the biggest laugh was when I was cleaning Ty's face this morning he randomly said-
"Bella draw on my back."
What?! I said to him. She what?
So I took off his shirt, and this is what I found:

Yes. Bella had indeed drawn on his back.
Apparently, she wanted to be sure he (or anyone else) didn't forget his name, and so she tagged him.
And this is what happens when we try to sneak away with those 30 extra minutes of sleep.

1 comment:

Jenna Jill said...

I just laughed so hard my eyes are watering. Ohhh man... I love kids.