Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So Long Diapers!! We are DONE with you!


This is a monumental moment in the Anderson household.

We are officially done with....
...wait for it......

Diapers!!!

Tyler has joined the leagues of "big boys" and has crossed the threshold of potty-training. I don't really know how we did it {it's all still a blur to me} but after what seemed like hundreds of accidents on the floor, and weeks.... no- months, of him running around naked, he has finally caught on to using the toilet like a "big boy".

The final "aha!" moment that told me he was ready, was when we were at Macy's just me and him, and he starting frantically telling me "mommy I have to go potty!" So I hesitated for a minute as I considered whether or not he was really ready to go, and then decided to put down the clothes and find a bathroom. And sure enough- the boy peed for like 5 minutes straight. He really had to go...and better yet, he held it until we had found a bathroom!

And lately, when john and I check on him before going to bed at night, we often find that he has taken his night-time pull-up off and is sleeping naked! We were worried he'd have an accident at first, but we let him stay undressed, and he has never had any accidents!! He gets up in the morning and goes potty just like a big boy!
** So proud! **

So now that John and I have passed through the right-of-passage as parents known as the dreaded potty-training, what's next?
Baby teeth falling out?
T-Ball leagues?
Learning to ride a two-wheeler?
Whatever it is, bring it on!
We are patting our backs {and holding back a slight tear} as we have officially watched our two babies move on into the next phases of childhood. Although it kills me to see them becoming older so quickly, our family is moving on to new and exciting things, and I plan on savoring every moment :-)

** { Ty ponders his next move as a big boy } **

5 comments:

The Abram Family said...

Soooooo jealous, I have still have years and years of diapers ahead of me!!!

Wayne & Shawna said...

Love the photos of him! Congratulations Ty!!

Jenna Jill said...

Okay this is such a sermon but I have to share. Our Pastor on Sunday was talking about training our children to move from external government to internal government.

"We need to be run by internal government or we will be increasingly governed from the outside." (i.e. law enforcement, substances, courts, etc.) The ultimate goal is to move from freedom into liberty. Freedom is being able to do what you want. But liberty is knowing that you can do whatever you want, but being compelled to do what you know you should. To live out your destiny. Walk in your giftings. Fulfill the purposes that God has for your life."

And that all starts with developing an inner sense of control. POTTY TRAINING. Yahooo!!! He's learning to control himself from the inside. :) You guys are fabulous parents I LOVE watching you parent.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

YEAYYYY Tyler!!! How adorable are his little...I mean BIG BOY underwear :)

emily morgan said...

I'm so proud of you my little man!! Keep up the good work. And I better continue to get those "I went poo poo on the potty Aunt Emily!" calls... those are my favorite! Love you Ty