Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me! Monday :)


OK, so quite a while ago someone told me about a mom's blog that I should read. Since then, I've seen or talked to so many women who have also been followers of this woman's blog. Her nickname is "MckMama", and the story of her life and her 4 kids is inspiring. She really relates to wives, mothers, sisters, daughters...just plain women in general. One of her fun ideas is to post a "Not Me!!" blog every Monday that talks about things that she absolutely did NOT do.....

I've jumped on the bandwagon.....so here is my "Not Me!" Monday tidbits......

1) I did not hear our son crying at 6:15 this morning and ignore him (pretending I couldn't hear him) until 6:45.- when I was finally forced to wake up because Bella jumped in our bed and therefore woke me up for good.

2) I did not bribe Bella with a gigantic gumball at the mall today so that I could get her to stop talking for a few minutes and get my errand run in peace.

3) I did not forget to buckle Tyler when I put him back into his stroller after lunch,.....and I did not start to run him over before realizing that he was slipping out the bottom!!! Not me!!

4) I did not just look down at my arm and realize that I still have a half-worn fake Cardinals tattoo on my bicep from yesterdays football game (ok, so I don't have much of a "bicep", but what else can I call my upper arm?!) Who hasn't showered yet today? Not me!

5) And I certainly did not spend my precious free-time, while the kids were napping, eating my lunch on the couch and flipping through my People magazine. I'm much more productive than that.

So there you have it. Stay tuned until next Monday...and jump in if you want to deny the things we all know are true...and funny :)

3 comments:

emily morgan said...

LOVE IT!! I too have heard of "not me" mondays and have been tempted to join in... you officially inspired me to try it out. YAY! Love ya sister!

~Em

nanabanana said...

I've been following her blog for a long time - in fact I just emailed Cheryl a couple days ago and encouraged her to join in being they share the same frozen tundra!
Wow can she write.

Megan said...

That is so funny! I can't believe you read her blog, too! I was just at coffee with a friend and was sharing one of her blog stories and my friend was like, 'Oh, you mean Mckmamma?" Seriously, does everyon read her blog?