Friday, January 30, 2009

Hmmmm...Self-Reflection?

Ok, so when this first happened, John and I were cracking up in the car. The story is a little embarrassing on my part- so I almost didn't want to share it,.....but I have a good sense of humor, especially about my adventures in parenting! :)
So we were in the car the other day, and I was really frustrated about something. The day just wasn't going right, and John and I were debating where to go and the order in which our errands needed to be run. We had both kids in the car- so of course, as John and I were trying to talk, the kids were making a loud racket in the backseat. Finally, the noise and my frustration level was hitting a high note, so I let out a huge frustrated "Ugggghhhhhh!!!!" You know the sound I'm trying to describe? That frustrated noise you make when you are overloaded and have had enough and you want everyone to be quiet??
Anyway, my outburst must have started Bella......and apparently freaked her out a little bit when she heard that noise come from her mom....because the car fell silent, and I heard her little timid voice ask,
"Mommy, are you being a monster?"
I guess that's the noise monsters must make when they are frustrated.
*Sigh*
Anyone want to nominate me for mommy of the year? Anyone?

2 comments:

The Wiley Family said...

No worries Bri! That sound seems to come from me more and more these days! Sometimes it is the only way my kids know that I am serious when they refuse to listen to me :)

Wayne & Shawna said...

That is hillarious!! I totally know that noise and I don't even have children! :) Bella comes up with the cutest things to say!