Sunday, January 4, 2009

In The Beginning God Created the Heavens and the Earth...

We've been having some amazing sunsets lately!!
As a native Californian- born and raised- its been difficult at times to adjust to the new landscape and culture of Arizona. Although Scottsdale is as close to SoCal as you can get outside of California- I still sometimes miss the deep colors of all the landscape and vegetation in good ol' Cali. But just when I start to miss certain things about home, God surprises me with a gorgeous sunset, and reminds me that He delights in me and still wants to "woo" me with His amazing creation. Let me tell you- I'm not always that delighted with the prickly cactus and dessert greenery around here, but God has great plans for our family here, and He keeps surprising me with things like this beautiful sunset to enjoy.
I took this picture right outside our house in our cul-de-sac after dinner one night. Isn't is gorgeous??!
Couldn't have done better myself :) But isn't that the point?!

3 comments:

emily morgan said...

Hi sister,
I absolutely LOVE this picture! Your photography captured God's beauty perfectly. I was just reading a passage from one of Max Lucado's books that reminded me of this picture...
"Imagine God's creativity. Of all we dont know about the creation, there is one thing we do know - He did it with a smile. He must've had a blast. Painting the stripes on the zebra, hanging the stars in the sky, putting the gold in the sunset. What creativity!"

Wayne & Shawna said...

Wow, what a beautiful sunset!!! You captured it so wonderfully!

Unknown said...

Bri - what kind of camera do you have? Your photos turn out great!