Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Indian Summer.

Leaves turning various colors of splendid shades, chilly nights, cooking every meal in a crock-pot....those are my sweet dreams of fall.
As the rest of the country starts to get their fireplaces ready for use, pulls their crock-pots out of the cupboard and cranks up the thermostat- we are experiencing an indian summer here in the valley. Although the temperatures have cooled, it is still pleasantly warm enough in the evenings to run around in tee shirts and flip flops. And we plan on soaking up every last minute of it.
We've enjoyed play dates at the railroad park with friends...
(Bella and Oliver Fay- you can see their sweet family blog here)
*Ty enjoyed laying in (and eating) some sand.*
We've also had a good time playing around at the state fair-And Tyler was super excited to be big enough to do some rides on his own now!

Yes, the fall has had a great start so far. I'm definitely craving the crisp coolness of more fall-ish type weather, but I'm thankful for the abundance of fun activity and good times our family has had this fall.

And one of my favorite parts of fall??.... Pomegranates!!

They only appear in the produce department for a very brief period of time from October to November. And I literally devour them daily. And when I say devour, I mean that I put a dish towel around myself like a bib ( those things stain like crazy) and I dig in until my fingertips and nails are stained with red juice. I look like a hungry little squirrel busily eating a nut- a funny sight I'm sure :-) But they are worth the work because they are so darn delicious.

And so, we eagerly await the full transformation of the fall season. Pretty soon the weather will be much cooler and I'll probably start hearing holiday music in the shopping centers...actually, I'm sure that's already started, right? And I'll be happily humming right along...red fingertips and all :-)
more pics of our fall fun in our web album: http://picasaweb.google.com/Bri.and.John/FallFamilyPhotos09#

2 comments:

The Abram Family said...

Whenever I see pomegranates, I think of you :)

The Wiley Family said...

I was just about to say the same thing! I still think of you everytime I see pomegranates. I had never seen anyone eat one before you! Miss you! :)