Friday, November 21, 2008

One Year Ago.....

Ok, so I can't help but get a little mushy and emotional as I recall what happened to our family one year ago....
Most of you know, but one week before Tyler was born, we got a earth-shattering call from John's dermatologist telling us that the biopsy of a mole that John had removed had come back positive for malignant melanoma. Here I was- 9 months pregnant and getting nervous about the new baby...when I felt the earth just drop beneath my feet. What could happen to my precious husband? Would the cancer be in other places? Could it had spread to his lymph nodes? How could I have this baby when everything seems so uncertain??
But God is good. So good.
He provided us with a fantastic surgeon, who happened to be a friend of the family and strong Christian, and He held our hands as He helped us walk through a very dark week of tests, surgery and the agonizing few days of waiting for results. In the end, all of the melanoma was removed and the lymph nodes they had taken out were clear and free of any cancer. We cried, laughed and celebrated the night we got the results....and little did we know that our precious baby boy would be arriving the very next day.
That was a year ago yesterday- and I thank God every day for getting us through that terrible time- and for the most amazing husband that I appreciate every day. He's the best father, husband and friend I could ever ask for...I love you so much John! :)

No comments: