Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ugghh....Just One of Those Days....

I just need to vent about my day so far....someone please tell me I am not alone in having days like this! .....

1. The house is a disaster today. I'm trying to be more casual about my cleanliness lately- but today I actually saw a clump of hair and dust bunnies float across the floor. Yuck.

2. Tyler had a major blow-out in his pants and it managed to seep out of his diaper and onto the back of his tee shirt- which I did not notice when I went to pick him up! Double-yuck.

3. We have NO groceries in the house...I've been putting off grocery shopping because I hate it- but I seriously need to make a list today. Does anyone out there actually make a "meal-plan" when they shop? Kuddos to you because I'm trying it and it's already frustrating me.

4. We were late getting Bella to her cooking class....I don't know why, but I just couldn't get it together fast enough today.

5. Bella made Pumpkin Mousse in her cooking class today...which was actually quite delicious! But then she offered her cup full of mousse to Tyler when we were in the car (unbeknownst to me).....and when I looked back at him in the mirror, he had orange pumpkin mousse all over his face, clothes and brand new big-boy car seat.
*on a positive note: my car smells like Thanksgiving!

6. At home, both kids refused to eat the lunch I made them- so everyone is cranky and probably hungry.

7. My hair increases in size and frizz with stress- so today I look like Diana Ross.

But one thing that made me smile to myself.... when I went to check on Bella after she had fallen asleep for her nap, I found her in her bed with about 15 stuffed animals and dolls lying with her. She also had her jewelry box laying on her bed open...and every doll or animal was wearing a necklace. :)

Sigh. I don't know whether to laugh or collapse with exhaustion. Just one of those days!

PS- Stay tuned for a picture of Tyler's pumpkin disaster that I took with my cell phone.....

No comments: