Friday, November 21, 2008

Tyler John...forever my little boy.


I don't know how it happened, but an entire year has gone by since I had my little baby.
Tyler John Anderson officially turns 1 this evening, and our family is all the better because of him. I've come to realize after having my first child, that the years go by too fast...so with Tyler, my resolution has been to soak up every minute I have- because one day he'll go off to Kindergarden....then off to gradutaion...college...and someday- another woman (sniff). I have such a limited time to teach him so much....but with a lot of prayer, I am confident that he will be an amazing man someday.
There is an old sign that hangs in the Neonatal ICU where I work, and sometimes it catches my eye and I stop and think about its meaning and how true it is for me....it reads:
"The cleaning and housework can wait till tomorrow,
Because babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down dishes, and dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."

No comments: