Saturday, September 26, 2009

Home At Last.

We looooove going on trips. It actually seems like we have been traveling more than just being at home lately. But finally we are home, unpacked and feeling settled. There just isn't anything like being in your own home, with everything just the way you left it (and for those of you who know me well- you know that I cleaned the house from top to bottom before we left. And I truly enjoyed the fruits of my labor when we walked into the house yesterday and it smelled like lemon pledge and febreeze pine-sol! The carpets even had fresh vacuum lines! Yes I know I'm weird. I'm okay with it.)
But now it's back to the normal routine. Back to dance practices, work, meal-making, swim lessons, bible studies, basketball games and everything else that falls into our normal weekly routine. I have lots to share about our visit to Minnesota, but after all the unpacking I did last night, I have mountains of clean laundry that are staring at me...begging me to fold them and put them away. I suppose a normal person would gladly ignore the laundry for a while. But when it comes to cleaning and organizing, I'm not normal, remember? And again, I'm okay with it :-)
So stay tuned for future posts on the fun activities we did. I was just in love with how green and lush everything is in Minnesota...and I never saw a single cactus! Imagine that! I even have some cute video clips that I might try to download later. Plus, I'll upload a photo album as soon as I get a chance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is beautiful here, isn't it? I remember going to Arizona with SunShine to visit our Grandpa when he was ill. It was depressing to see all the brown everywhere. It made me appreciate all the green we have here. :)

Glad you guys had a fun trip!

Amanda said...

Welcome home my dear! I'm in desperate need for B.S. and a happy hour! :)