Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just Another "Mom" Moment.

I know I said I would be blogging stories and pictures from our trip to Minnesota, but instead of using my free time yesterday going through all the pictures I took on my trip, I decided to get out of the house and take the kids to our favorite park to enjoy what may be the last few summer days.
While we were there, I snapped a bunch of pictures of the kids playing, but these pictures in particular of Bella really caught my eye. As I was looking at them, I realized that my first-born is actually starting to look more and more like a little girl.
I feel so overwhelmed when I think of everything I want to teach her. I want her to see me as a friend, but still her mom. I want her to be confident, but also humble and open to constant change. I want her to have a good sense of humor, but still sensitive and handle things with grace. I think most importantly, I want her to appreciate and love me...but not constantly need me. I once heard someone say that the real purpose of motherhood is to "work yourself out of a job". As much as I may want to- I cant constantly be doing everything for her. Someday she will need to grow up and be independent of me. Sad isn't it? Ugh- it's so hard to be a mom!

At 4 years old, she still needs me. And I definitely relish in that thought. But my prayer is that Isabella will someday become a completely independent young woman- who no longer needs her mom to do everything and decide everything for her...but instead turns to Christ as her life compass. When the day comes that Bella is seeking Him first for direction as a young woman, wife, mother, professional.....then I will feel comfort and satisfaction in knowing that I did my job well.
As a side-note to my own mom: Mom, thank you for encouraging my independence...I think I'm all the better because of it!
And since I have a love affair with taking pictures of my kids, I had to include these pictures of Bella building a sand castle. I played around with some new editing, and I really liked the 'vintage' feel and the softness of her little face in these pictures :-) But of course, I'm biased.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
Our family has a lot of plans this next week, so stay tuned for some new updates.
And poor Ty is in need of some blog time, so I'll leave you with this adorable little face:
:-)

1 comment:

emily morgan said...

I cant believe I'm related to these two beautiful little children! They are simply precious. And your photography skills are getting amazing.