Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Date With My Daughter

Every now and then, it's good for Bella and I to get away for some "girl time".
She is quickly becoming this little girl who is growing up too fast. I still see her as my baby...my first-born.....my sweet tiny Bella. But with each day, she is changing.
So we left the boys at home, got dressed up in a beautiful princess dress {not me- mind you. Just her} and went out for an evening together to see Disney on Ice.
Since John and I have taken Bella to these types of shows before, I knew what was about to happen. She would see all the bags of cotton candy, tall Disney cups of snow cones, see the sparkly wands and featured trinkets, and beg for all of them. Whoever puts together these events know exactly what they are doing. What parent wouldn't feel terrible saying 'no'? So this time, I was prepared. I packed us a bag of candy at home and we ate a big dinner so that she would {hopefully} be full. As we left, John reminded me to "stay strong" when Bella sees all the souvenirs.
But I'm weak.
We headed to our seats, and Bella spotted a sparkly Ariel wand that lit up and played music. She jumped and begged....what could I do? A girl has to have a sparkly wand, right?!
So now she does :-)
We enjoyed watching performances by Ariel, Tinkerbell, The Lion King and Cars, while munching on our candy and playing with her new wand.


Despite having her own seat, she spent most of the performance on my lap, snuggling with me and gasping and smiling at me when a new character came out onto the ice.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

The Abram Family said...

I can't wait until Allie gets older and the four of us can do fun girly stuff like this together!