Saturday, August 1, 2009

Friends and Summer time...

It has been such a great summer so far!
First, my sister moves here, and makes my life (and our kids') so much brighter! It's really such a blessing to get to see this face almost every day :-)...And I've watched with delight as our kids have blossomed into little friends with one another. Tyler really takes on his own personality, and Isabella is becoming such and adorable, loving little girl. Here's a new habit Bella has picked up....she talks with her hands now. As in, waves her hands around and uses them to get her point across when telling a story or talking to us. Hmm, where did she get that from ?! ;-) This morning, for the first time, Bella and Tyler walked to the car after getting our Saturday morning donuts- holding hands. No one asked them to. They just held hands and walked together. **Gush!** What precious little people they are.
This past weekend I was even able to slip away from some girl time with some friends...without any kids or schedules or nap times to worry about...heaven!Lounging by the pool, going out to a nice dinner, sleeping in and ordering room service...exactly what every mom needs to feel refreshed. *Except for the small detail that someone may have spilled their entire coffee all over herself while having breakfast in bed....but it makes for good memories!*
We've also been living in our pool. One thing I adore about Arizona summers is the fact that we can lounge and play in the pool right up until the time you go to bed. The water is perfect, and oddly enough, I really like the smell of chlorine and sunscreen mixed together. It smells like my childhood. I spent most of my time either in pools or in the ocean waters of Oceanside and San Diego. Bella has become quite the independent swimmer, and Tyler looks just plain adorable as usual.
It's even more fun to have friends over in the afternoon to join me!

And what are summer evenings without dinner with friends and a *friendly* game of pool volleyball?! Right Robinson's? We enjoyed an evening at a new restaurant 25 Degrees (highly reccommend!) and then challenged each other to couple vs. couple in volleyball. Even long after us girls gave up, the boys continued the game until they were exhausted and it was pitch dark outside.

Although we wish the summer weather was shorter...I have been loving this summer, and wouldn't mind it continuing on just like this!

*for more pictures, check out our picasa albums under Summer Fun 2009 and Friends and Family* http://picasaweb.google.com/Bri.and.John

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I was so committed to the pool volleyball experience that I even got my hair wet! Thanks for such a fun night out! :)