Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So Much To Do!

Don't you just hate coming home from trips?
Don't get me wrong- I'm a huge homebody at heart, but I love taking trips here and there. But as John and I have gotten older...and as our family has multiplied...so has all our stuff. Which means a full day of unloading, unpacking, cleaning, laundry and general disarray around our house when we get back from any trip.
But this trip was worth it. We first spent time in our home-away-from-home San Diego, where Bella was star-struck when she ran into a real live princess at legoland (it pretty much made her day)
And then after San Diego, we flew to our old stomping grounds of Sac-Town, to attend my cousins' wedding to the beautiful and gracious Melanie (we love you Melanie!! Welcome to the family!) We were honored to have been asked if Bella would serve as their flower girl, but it didn't exactly go as planned....but I'll share that story with pictures later :-) Nevertheless, Isabella adored being dressed up and spinning around in a big puffy white dress.

It kind of made me sentimental to think about the day she'll be wearing her own white wedding dress! Which leads me to the next wonderful thing about our trip.... We stayed with our good friends the Squires while we were in town, and Bella and Jacob quickly grew attached to the hip with one another. Megan and I were pregnant together with our first kids- and Jacob is only about 3 weeks older than Bella. To make a long story short, Bella was instantly smitten, and Jacob promptly asked John when he could marry Bella. The rest of the weekend Megan and I laughed as we watched our two kiddos laugh and play together like little sweethearts. Wouldn't that be awesome if someday they did fall in love and get married?? Megan, we would be in-laws!

I have sooo many cute pictures and a funny story to share about how Bella took care of Jacob when he got a fat lip (we still aren't sure of the actual story of how it happened...) but I don't have time to write it all out right now, so check back soon for more. I honestly wish the weekend hadn't been so packed with activity because we had such a good time with Brad and Megan, and really left wishing we could have spent just a little more time there! Hanging out with them was like no time had ever passed, and it made us realize how much we miss them!

And as a little plug for my sweet friend- if any of you are in the Sacramento area and need a good photographer- Megan's your girl! She spoiled us by taking some pictures of the kids while we were there, and trust me- she works incredible with kids, and is very talented (see her family blog site and her photography blog by clicking on Squires family on my sidebar). So there's a little brief catch-up. The kids are napping, so I really should be working to check things off my to-do list! I will dedicate some time to blogging and uploading pictures later, I promise. And thanks again Brad & Megan, we love you guys!

No comments: