Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Tallest Flower Girl You've Ever Seen.

Picture this:
We practiced with her, bribed her, told her what an important job she had....but when those church doors opened, and over 200 people turned around in their pews to see Bella stand there at the back of the church, the fear set in.
"I don't want to do it!" she quietly whined, and promptly found me hiding behind the church doors and clung to my leg. Of course everyone watching was smiling and quietly giggling, but all eyes were still on her- and the pressure was on. I tried my best to look graceful and calm as I attempted to peel Bella off my leg and shoo her down the isle. For those of you who know my daughter well, you know that she is a complete ham and loves to perform little shows and songs for us at home. She even waits behind the hallway and makes us introduce her before she comes out. But when people are watching her, especially strangers, she clams up and you can see the look of terror in her big brown eyes.
Thank goodness for my quick-thinking husband. He scooped up Bella and proceeded to walk down the aisle with her, and the congregation continued to giggle. And I suppose since he's already walking her down, he figures- why not finish the job? So he held Bella and her flower basket in one arm, and used his other arm to gently throw the petals along the isle as he made his way to the bottom. The giggles were now full-out laughs. Everyone appreciated his sense of humor, and the job as "flower girl" had now been passed on. I was relieved that it was over, and Isabella was calm and happy in her dad's arms. Everyone wins.
My mom was quick enough to snap a picture as John walked by, so this is the only evidence I have of my 6'8" flower girl. Except of course the wedding video....now that will live in infamy forever :-)

More pictures of the wedding in our Picasa web albums, just click HERE

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bri,
Loved the pix and ordered many today. John is an incredible husband and doesn't make a bad flower girl either. He and Bella make a great team and gave David and Melanie wonderful memories!!
Love,
Aunt Cindy

The Thomas Family said...

No way, I didn't know that's what happened! Apparently licorice just wasn't enough. That is so hilarious! What a good dad... :) Sooo good to see you guys last weekend!! Love ya!

Jenna Jill said...

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha.... I would have loved to have seen that. You guys are the cutest. Your stories make me laugh so hard.