Monday, April 13, 2009

Mystery Fruit....Solved!



After many people giving me ideas as to what fruit might be growing in my yard...we have come to the bottom of our mystery. A bird had started to peck at one, so we picked it and took one look and smell of the fruit inside, and realized it was a passion fruit! We googled it and found that my mystery tree is actually a yellow-rind passion fruit. And they are delicious! You scoop out the sweet center and the rest of the fruits' meat surrounds it. My mom could tell right away that it was a passion fruit after taking one taste. Its so sweet and tropical tasting...like we picked them right out of Hawaii! They are my little pieces of tropical refuge here in the desert ;-)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wayne & Shawna said...

Yea! I am glad that the mystery is solved! They look really yummy!!