Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick Catch-Up

After a busy week, I am finally trying to sit down and tackle some work on the computer. Kids are napping, so I need to take advantage of a quiet house! **Well, maybe not so quiet- I hear Ty moving around in his bed, and Bella is singing some song that I think she made up** But at least it gives me some time to get a few things done :-)
Miss Isabella had quite a week. Starting with her surprise Disneyland trip with her dad, she also had another soccer game and a day spent with her Aunt Emily while John and I were away at a friends' wedding (thank you Em for watching the kids!! We love you!!) And let me tell you- the poor thing was exhausted when she got home from Disneyland. John walked in the door with her draped over his shoulder and she was out cold. Not even getting her tucked into bed woke her up. John said the girls (cousins Bella and Marley) had so much fun- it was worth every exhausting minute. When we first surprised Bella in the morning to tell her that she was going to Disneyland, we hadn't told her yet that her cousin Marley and Uncle David were joining them. Marley is Bella's absolute BEST friend, so John videotaped her reaction in the car when they pulled into Marley's driveway, and Bella realized who they were picking up:

And here are two pictures of the girls' highlight of their day: meeting four princesses in Cinderella's castle. They met Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Mulan (and to be honest, the girls had no idea who Mulan was. John didn't either.....Bella later told me that she met "Pocahontas"...guess they haven't been exposed to some of the newer Disney movies!)

(sorry for the quality- they were taken with his iPhone)
Just look at Bella's hands and expression; it's like she was achieving a life-long dream by meeting these real princesses! :-)
Meanwhile, I enjoyed a day with my little man at home. Em and I took him for a bike ride, and during our exploration, we found an AMAZING hidden picture location. So I'm definitely going to drag my kids or my sister there to test it out sometime. Stay tuned for pictures of my magical new spot sometime in the near future!
Then the weekend was packed with Bella's soccer game, and a trip to Tuscon for our friend Kevin Yarbrough's wedding. John has known Kevin since childhood, and they went all through school and college together. The wedding was a blast because it was packed like some sort of reunion! Lots of our old college friends like Matt Enloe, Michael Fay and Matt McGinnis were there, plus a ton of friends that John grew up with and went to High School with. I had a blast talking with all our old friends and their wives, eating good food and of course, dancing with all our friends. Kevin and Bethzaida make a gorgeous couple (and smart! Two doctors!!) and we were blessed to be a part of their day.
The biggest bummer? I left my camera back at our hotel! What are the odds?! So I'll try to round up some pictures from some of our friends who were there.
We have some fun weekend plans ahead, so I might be MIA for a few days. When did we grow up and become such busy people??!

No comments: