Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Wild Wild West....of Scottsdale.

Have you ever stayed inside your "bubble" of your immediate area for so long, that you actually forget there is a much larger area around you that you haven't yet explored? Well, I needed something to do this afternoon to get the kids (who were bouncing off the walls) out of the house for a while. My usual routine centers around play areas at my favorite shopping centers, the usual parks, and local frozen yogurt shops. But today I was itching for something different.
So we headed out to Old MacDonald's Farm in Scottsdale to visit the pumpkin patch, go for hay bale rides, let the kids ride horses and visit the petting zoo. It actually felt like I wasn't in Scottsdale anymore...I almost forget there there is this whole life and culture outside of my normal neighborhood "bubble"! But apparently, the southern California girl in me has old habits that die hard....I found myself walking around this giant ranch in flip flops. Yep. That's' right. Shorts and flip flops. Not exactly farm apparel, but oh well. Bella was sure to point out the big piles of horse poop for me to avoid when she saw it :-)
Riding a horse just about made Tyler's day, and Bella enjoyed running through the giant hay bale maze. And just for fun, I had to add a fun little "old western flair" to some pictures :-)
More fun pictures to come- have a great day!

Yee Haw!

1 comment:

The Abram Family said...

That looks like so much fun! You have to tell me where it is.