Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bend It Like Bella

So today was the day...John became a soccer dad. :-)
As I escaped for a day with my good friend Kerri to the Women of Faith Conference, John played Mr. Mom in my absence and took Bella to her first soccer game. Of course, I felt super conflicted about missing such a cute "first"...but then I thought about how many games I will be watching in the future...and I didn't feel so bad. Plus, a healthy and refreshed mom makes for a happier family, right?! :-) That's what I kept reminding myself! And refreshing it was. But I'll fill you in on more details later, in it's own special blog.
When I got home, I rushed in to see pictures and video of the debut soccer game,and just about died laughing as I watched all 20 minutes of video that John had taken.
Bella started out the game frolicking on the field with her cousin Marley...holding hands. Even as the whistle blew and everyone started playing...the girls ran up and down the field together still holding hands. It was a crack up. Finally the coach separated the girls so that they would actually play- and that's when it got even funnier. Bella actually started gaining confidence and even got a little aggressive towards the end! We made the mistake of enticing her with a new Barbie doll for every goal she made in a game....and let me tell you- she did not forget that. She even pushed some of her own teammates out of the way so that she could get to the ball!! And let's not forget the team uniform that is absolutely swimming on poor Isabella's little frame. The smallest size jersey was medium, so it was just gigantic on her. But being the little doll that she is- she still rocked it and looked adorable :-)
Her debut as a little soccer player went better than we thought it would- and we are so proud of her for trying something new and really working hard to score a goal. Maybe promising a Barbie reward would work with getting her to clean her room??
Enjoy the below clip- it's a couple minutes long (mostly for the grandparents) but it's pretty cute. Can't wait till next weekend!!

2 comments:

nanabanana said...

I cannot wait to see them play in person!!!

Jenna Jill said...

Oh my gosh my side hurts. I have never seen any kids hold hands while playing. That is so precious. What a memory to get on film.