Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Some Special Father-Daughter Time

This morning we had a biiiiig surprise for Isabella.
John had seen some amazing deals on Southwest a while ago, which prompted a great idea...he wanted to surprise Bella one morning and whisk her off to the airport to catch a flight to Anaheim, where they could spend all day at Disneyland. Just the two of them. Just for fun.
So he bought the tickets, and it has been killing us to keep it a secret all this time! This morning was the big day- so I used my flip mino camera to record John waking her up (at 5:00am! Poor thing was so groggy and confused) and telling her about the surprise plans for today.
As an even bigger surprise, Bella had no idea that Uncle David and her cousin Marley would be joining them as well! John had told David about his idea, so David decided to surprise Marley the same way. And I wish I could have been there when the girls saw each other and realized they were going to Disneyland together! As I type this, they should be landing soon, and their day of adventure begins. John wanted to be completely clutter-free at the park, so he didn't bring a camera, but he did bring my flip mino and his iPhone, so he'll take some pictures and lots of video throughout the day.
This reminds me of all the times my parents surprised Emily and I by "kidnapping" us from school and taking us somewhere fun for the day. Whenever my mom was out of town, my dad would let us play hooky and we would rent a boat on the lake and fish and play on tube rafts all day. Those made for the best memories of my childhood, and I'm just so excited to start all of these fun traditions with our own family!
So stay tuned for Disneyland updates, and possibly iPhone pictures as John sends them to me!

4 comments:

Wayne & Shawna said...

That is sooo cool! What wonderful parents you and John are! :) Hope they have a wonderful day together!

Hillary Thye said...

Bri,
You don't know me - I found your blog through Michael and Christy Fay's, and was a friend of John's in high school. It looks like he's met a beuatiful, outstanding female, and that you've started an outreagously gorgeous, faith-based family to follow in your own footsteps! I just wanted to say how much your stories and compassion for one another inspire me, and that God is smiling because of you! Please tell John I said hello, and God bless!

Hillary

Jenna Jill said...

GEEZ LOUISE! You guys make me cry all the time. I wish my little foster kids could have parents like you. That is the coolest thing. I love her big smile when she heard "Disneyland." What is does to a child's heart to know that their father delights in them. :) You guys are the best parents EVER!

Morgan said...

That is so amazing Bri and John. What a fabulous idea. I just loved watching her face change from "what are you doing?" to "oh yeah, I want to go to Disneyland!" Thanks for sharing. I hope you and Melissa have a great time catching up.