Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mermaids and Pirates

Tonight we went to our church's fall festival, so here is a sneak peek of their cute Halloween costumes. Bella has gotten to the age where she refuses to let me make decisions for her. Lucky for me, I'm pretty good at reverse psychology with her...so she thinks she's asserting her independence, but I'm sneaky in my ways ;-)
However, she put her foot down when it came to costume ideas. I showed her about a dozen creative ideas that I loved....but she firmly insisted on Ariel.
It's amazing how stubborn 4 year olds can be! But how can I disagree? I've never seen a more gorgeous mermaid :-)
And there is no little man more handsome and dashing as my own little pirate.
But wait! We had two little handsome pirates! Ty and his cousin David were each others' little ship-mates :-)
Why are kids so darn cute when you dress them up in costumes?!

3 comments:

The Wiley Family said...

OH my goodness... they are so ADORABLE! Taylor is going to be Ariel, and she has that wig too!

Amanda said...

They look so stinking cute!

Heather @ my peanut butter cups said...

Bella makes such a beautiful Ariel... and Ty is such a dashing pirate! I need you to take pics of Reese in her Snow White costume... I love your pics! =)