Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Get Ready to Laugh.....

It's time for a Blog Shout-Out!!
I've told you about my friend Amanda right? Yes Amanda, I'm blogging you :-)
So I was checking out her new blog layout today (very snazzy girl) and I stumbled on her list of favorite blogs & websites. Of course, I find my own little blog baby on the list...but what caught my eye was her link to a little piece of hilarity that is called "Awkward Family Photos". It's just like the segment on the Ellen show, where she shows awkward school pictures or holiday cards (which happens to be my favorite segment). I laughed so hard at this website that my eyes were literally tearing, and both kids stopped what they were doing in the playroom and stared at their strange mother who was simultaneously cracking up and wiping tears from her eyes. Bella asked if I was ok.
So I had to pass in on to those of you who haven't seen it yet..here are a few of my favorites. And please note their captions...they make the pictures that much better!!!!
1. A late attempt by mom to speak now or forever hold her peace.

2. "Awkward Pose of the Week: The Thigh Chair. For youngsters 7 or younger who aren't quite ready to attempt an armshelf."

3. "Beyond a reasonable point of casualness."

4. Banished to live under the chair forever, Amy decided to make the best of it.

5. Someone is feeling left out.
6. We call this "the backpack".
Oh my goodness, my cheeks still ache from laughing. You have to go to the site to see the abundance of awkward pictures. Enjoy! Thanks for the laughs Amanda!!!
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

2 comments:

Wayne & Shawna said...

Those are hilarious Bri, thanks for posting!! :)

Amanda said...

I love that you appreciate this website as much as I! My all time favorite is the guy on the cruise boat with his leg higher than his belly button casually resting his elbow on his thigh to look relaxed. CLASSIC!