Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Allie!

I can't believe it's been a whole year since we took this picture. Heather is truly the most precious friend to me and I had the absolute privilege of being there the night Allie Grace entered the world. Besides being an incredible friend, Heather is a beautiful and compassionate mother. We have already agreed on an arranged marriage between Allie and Tyler, so someday I'll be able to count Matt and Heather as actual family! :-) I love being a part of Allie's life- watching her grow up, being around her and watching her discover the world around her.
So yesterday we all gathered for a birthday celebration in honor or Miss Allie turning 1. I totally forgot I had even brought my camera until the end- so I don't have many pictures, but we had to snap a quick one of the usual girls before everyone took off. This first picture just cracks me up because it was taken before we were ready, and we were all cracking up at some inside jokes, and it displays the genuine love and laughter between us as friends.
Its such a sweet thing in life to celebrate our life milestones and family celebrations with one another. We have so much more to come...sporting games, recitals, graduations...and someday even weddings! (yikes!) They say it takes a village to raise a child, and with each other- we make quite the village. Love you girls and we love you Allie!!

2 comments:

Wayne & Shawna said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Sorry I missed it!

The Abram Family said...

Awww, so sweet. It meant so much that you were there last night and have been there so much throughout this past year (and past that too!)Can't wait for Allie and Ty's wedding extravaganza!!!