Saturday, July 18, 2009

Playroom

One of my favorite rooms in our house is the playroom. It's at the end of one side of the house, so the kids can have their own separate area where they don't have to worry about being careful around furniture, or running into things. Its a big, comfy, open space filled with toys and games from top to bottom. Imagination can run wild- and I can shut the double doors so that I don't have to see the mess :-) Even cleaning up the playroom is easy- everything is organized into baskets, which has made it easy to teach the kids how to help pick up after themselves. The "type A" in me wants to decorate it and organize it better- but I just always remind myself that I have 99% of the house- this room is theirs. So, naturally we spend a lot of time playing with the kids down there, and I usually have the camera around so I can capture these memories of when our kids would play, wrestle, dance and use their imagination together. Here are a few examples of playtime.....
I call this picture "Bella in a Bucket". Apparently, the Lego's inside the bucket weren't very fun...but dumping them out and squishing herself into the bucket was a blast.
A playroom favorite: dressing up and putting on "performances" for John and I. Ty practises his jump shot. Notice the toes and wrist-action! Great form!! :-)

Bella like to also use pretend she has a magic wand, and turn her dolls and barbies into princesses.

Ty often gets frustrated when his sister teases him! Sometimes it's hard to be the baby brother.

Monkey-See, Monkey-Do. If Bella did it, then it must be fun. Therefore, Tyler must try it for himself :-)

I guess it's not so much the room itself that I love, it's the fun that goes on inside the room.

1 comment:

Aunt Sharon said...

I love all the pictures of Bella & Ty playing...makes me miss them even more. Hugs N Kisses to both of my beautiful grandbabies. I love you!!!
Hugs,
Grandma