Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick Little Catch-Up

So the summer has finally reached that half-way point. Hopefully, we are even a little more over the hump...and well on our way to the best fall weather ever. Every summer I ask myself, "why do I live here?" Then I remember the beautiful home, our fun city, our family and our best friends that all surround us...and I just have to sigh to myself and muster up the stamina to get through the heat.
There are a few blessings about the summer weather. For instance, John and I played a mean game of pool volleyball last night. After the kids had been tucked into bed we jumped in the pool for a little friendly competition. It was intense. We don't play easy when we compete against each other. I'm not the kind of girl that likes to admit defeat- and John isn't the kind of guy who would ever let his wife win. We play fair and square. Even if it means that John puts this little "fake spin" on the ball when he serves that drives me NUTS because I can never hit it back....but we still ended the night in a draw- I won 1 game and he won 1 game. The tie-breaker couldn't happen because I accidentally hit the ball so hard it launched into the trunk of our palm tree, which speared a hole into the side of the ball.
I told you it was intense.
In other random-family-story news, Bella was very proud of her mini pizzas she helped make the other night.
It was the classic English muffin pizza recipe, and according to Isabella, you can never have too many pepperonies stacked on one little pizza.

We made a tray full of little pizzas, then she made a big one just for Dad. She was very proud of her creation. Not the best pizza we've ever tasted, but the little smile on her face at the dinner table gave the pizza some extra flavor :-)

And can you believe Ty is 20 months?? What has happened to my little baby boy?

He's putting two or more words together to talk to us in little sentences, and he's become very opinionated on his likes and dislikes and what he wants. He and Bella are still the best of friends. John and I just crack up when we spy on them and eavesdrop on their little conversations together. Bella used to get away with being the boss, but now Ty challenges her and they've been learning to work together. So I'll leave you with a little clip that I think will make you smile.... Aunt Katherine got Bella this little electric guitar the other day, so I videotaped Bella playing it in the playroom the other night. Notice a few funny quirks: Bella is just in her underwear and Ariel socks. Don't ask me why- but she strips off her clothes the moment she gets in the door. She likes to play without clothes on- but she makes an exception for a pair of Ariel socks. Of course. And also, watch for a brief cameo of Tyler's little bare bottom. We have been letting him play in the playroom naked lately, it hopeful attempts of getting him to sit on his training potty when he has to pee. We caught a little dribble in there the other day. Other than that, it's been a lot of accidents and carpet cleaner. So enjoy Bella's performance!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that she wants to watch herself afterwards! Classic! :)

Lindsay said...

So cute!

Jenna Jill said...

Oh my gosh! That cracked me up. Love the shoulder action she's got goin' on. You guys are just the BEST parents Bri. So proud of you guys. :)

The Abram Family said...

What cute little naked kids you have! Although I had to shield Allie's eyes due to yet again the X rated content, she did like Bella's guitar playing! :)