Thursday, July 9, 2009

Whew! Exhausting!

I am wiped out. Good thing I had kids young, because I'm already too tired to keep up with their endless energy! This morning we headed out to Pump it Up playtime, to let them jump around and (hopefully) tire themselves out. No such luck. Turns out, my kids produce more energy after doing something hyper and exciting. So after jumping and running around for a while, we went to the library to read books together in the children's area, and then attend the Shake Rattle n' Roll class. They both danced around, sang the songs and played instruments (mental picture for you- Tyler chose the maracas when it was time to pick out instruments, and then I chased him around the room trying to catch him because he kept going from person to person, bonking them in the head with his maraca. So embarrassing.) Finally, after apparently failing to exhaust them with all my activity ideas, we headed home for lunch. Low and behold...what do you think happened? Yup- Tyler fell asleep in the car and Bella's eyes were heavy as she tried to watch her movie in the car without falling asleep. So I succeeded! Too bad I had to wake him up at home so that he can eat some lunch. But I'm guessing that naps will go well today :-) Here's a little clip of Bella and Ty running around one of the jumpy inflatables- notice how Ty falls down at one point, and Bella stops to check on him. So cute!