Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lots of Spinning Rides and Junk Food...

...at 11:00 in the morning.
Continuing in my efforts to take the kids to fun (indoor, air-conditioned) places to play this summer, we ventured out to Jeepers indoor amusement paradise. That's its actual name...and I wouldn't call it a paradise, being that my opinion of a paradise involves being alone on a quiet tropical beach with John. But maybe this indoor mecca of bright lights, sugary foods and rides that spin you to an oblivion- might be a paradise for my kids. We got there early enough to actually be the only people there, so for about an hour we had the place all to ourselves. Tyler immediately saw a couple games of "Pop-A-Shot", and basically it was love at first sight. We could hardly peel him away from the basketballs, so I gave in, and ended up buying a bunch of tokens so he could play for a little while. Bella, on the other hand, bounced around gleefully from ride to ride. It's just so satisfying to see them have fun- it's a weird feeling that is hard to explain to someone unless you have kids of your own. I'm just a sucker for those two angelic little faces- they've had me from the very beginning. And now I find myself actually getting excited to take them to these kind of places- when did that happen??! This time will go by way too fast, and when John and I find ourselves with all the time in the world to go lie on a beach, I think we'll sit around talking about how much we would much rather be back doing these days over.

More pictures of our fun click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Bri.and.John/SummerFun2009# (scroll to bottom of album)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So stinking cute! We need to take a friday afternoon (since I have friday afternoons off!) and go do something fun with Emily and the kids! So Fun!