Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Nurses' Day!!


Besides being a mom to my two babies and a wife to my husband,

I LOVE being a nurse.

It fulfills me, challenges me, makes me laugh and cry in a 12 hour shift, and has really helped me to recognize God's hand in the most amazing creation and miracle ever...a small premature baby. Today is National Nurses' Day (actually, its nurse appreciation week if you want to really spoil us!) and it's a special one for me because it marks my 5 year anniversary as a Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) nurse! I started my first NICU job right out of college after passing the license board exam...and I've never looked back. God must have specifically directed me to this specialty because I never intended to work in this area, but I happened to stumble upon it and haven fallen in love with it ever since.

John spoiled me by bringing me breakfast in bed (he let me sleep in because I actually work tonight! Ironic :) ) and then Bella brought me a card that she colored with a big shiny pin on it that she insists I wear tonight at work.

And John got me this little treat to spoil myself....


So excited!
So if you know someone who is a nurse..or you happen to need a nurse today (hope not!) given them an extra smile to let them know you appreciate their love and work. Yay nurses!

4 comments:

Melissa Morelli said...

Just now catching up on your blog...but I wanted to send some appreciation your way. Your career is inspirtaional and your devotion is motivational. Just think of how many little ones you have helped within 5 years. Nothing short of amazing.

Aunt Sharon said...

Hi Sweetie,
Happy Nurses Day!!!! I'm so proud of all that you do. Having 2 nurses in the family is so fun...can't wait till there are 3 ( go Emily!) Now we have to start talking to Bella about carrying on the tradition. Have a fabulous day and let your family spoil you.
Love,
Mom

Wayne & Shawna said...

Happy Nurses Day to one of the Best Nurses I know!! You do wonderful things for families!!!

emily morgan said...

Happy Nurses Day sister!!!
I cant wait to become a nurse like you and mom. Your quite an example to me of what it is to be a wife, mother, and of course a nurse. I love you!! (

(16 days till I move to Arizona!!)

~Em