Friday, May 29, 2009

Spring Chickies!

Well, not really chicks, I'm actually not sure what kind of birds they will be....
But we have found a sweet little nest in the big tree in our front yard! The nest is so cute, its perfectly situated on a bent branch, which helps support its tiny little structure. It's pretty high up, so today we took out the ladder to get a look and see if anything was actually inside the nest...and low and behold- two cute little speckled eggs!
One eggs has a few little "pecked" holes in it, like maybe a bird is about to hatch. Now I'm so excited about my little baby birds that I'll drag the ladder out each day and check to see how they are doing. I'll definitely take pictures when the little birdies hatch :-)
Look how cute!-

2 comments:

Jenna Jill said...

Ooooo.... A discovery. I love discoveries!

nanabanana said...

So fun to watch. We have a wreath alongside the front door to the house here. A mama bird built a nest and we found 7 eggs in it. We watched them a couple of times everyday and just this morning they flew out of the nest. So fun for the kids to watch.