Monday, May 18, 2009

My Little Sister is 21.


I feel sooo old!
I know, I know- 26 is hardly anything worth complaining over. And for the record, I like to pretend that I am staying 26....so no need to remand me about a certain birthday in September.

Ever since we were little girls, Emily and I have been close. Being almost 6 years apart definitely kept us from understanding each other for a while....but it never changed our friendship. But now as she gets older, it seems as though the age gap has gotten smaller. We understand and enjoy each other more- and we appreciate each other for the individual women that we are.

So since Em has been scrambling to cram for her finals this week, John and I decided to surprise her by coming down for her birthday and taking her out! I think we pulled off the surprise pretty well...she really had no idea. Our friends the Yules were in SD that weekend too, so they joined us along with our beautiful cousin Lindsay and her husband Ian. Poor John was sidelined with the stomach flu, so he stayed home at the last minute :-(

Needless to say, Emily had a blast. She looked gorgeous and happy- and was the belle of the ball for the night. Here are a few pics of our fun night, more to come in our Picasa Albums soon....




A few more pictures are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Bri.and.John/EmilysBirthday#

No comments: