Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Know- I Know!!

It's very unlike me to be absent from blogging for a few days....I try my hardest, but some days just when I get the kids down for their naps, get the house cleaned up, work on any miscellaneous items on my ever-growing to-do list, make phone calls to friends, and plan something for dinner....... it's at that very moment when I hear one of my munchkins waking up! How do 2 hours fly by so fast?

I have am trying to come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to do it all. My house may never be "magazine-cover-ready", my meals may not be as creative and organic as I would like them to be (although I have been trying some new things lately, and my picky eater seems to be responding well! Yes, I'm talking about John) , and don't even get me started on the whole "appearance" thing. I really admire the women who never start their day or leave their house without all their make-up on and hair done just right. I really do.
**Good for them** (just a hint of sarcasm)
Sigh. Nope- there will probably never be enough hours in my day to do it all.

A while back, a friend of mine sent me a sweet card for no reason at all. I still have the card because I loved the quote written on the inside- it read:

"To the world, you may be one person. But to one person, you may be the world."

Love it! On that day (and still today) it reminds me of my daily job. I've got two little sets of eyes watching me, so I just keep plugging along and doing my best.
And in the words of McKMama, what's a post without a picture??....


And today's your lucky day, I happen to have a little video to post as well! Here is Bella at her gymnastics class- just look for the cute little girl in the shiny pink leotard (for the record- I made the mistake of telling her she could pick out any one she wanted, and so of course we got the most obnoxiously pink one she could find)

Enjoy!

No comments: