Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thank You, Thank You!

A very BIG and heart-filled shout-out to my sweet little sister Emily and wonderful sister-in-law Heidi! These women were kind enough to care for my kids (and spoil them rotten!) so that John and I could enjoy a weekend away for our anniversary. Emily was even brave enough to take both kids for an entire day- and man, did she wear them out! Well, lets be honest- I'm sure they wore her out just as well :-) But seriously, I couldn't ask for a better sister. She loves them, dotes on them, spoils them, nurtures them and best of all- she truly enjoys them. The joy and happiness when she is playing with the kids puts my heart at ease, which makes it easier to leave them with her because I know that she loves them as if they were her own!
Here is a cute flashback picture of Emily and Bella right before Bella turned 1...So precious!
And just to brag a bit more...when John and I got home today, the house was immaculate, the dirty laundry was already in the laundry room, and Bella had two new dresses laid out on her bed (courtesy of Aunt Emily of course). Thank you, thank you, thank you Em!!! I just can't thank you enough!

Of course with thank-you's being handed out tonight, I have to also give a huge one to Heidi. Tyler had so much fun playing with his cousin Little Dave (family nickname for those of you who don't know my sweet little nephew). Heidi always inspires me to see the joy in the little things because she kept thanking me for letting Ty stay at their house! Who does that?! Here she was- doing us a huge favor by taking Tyler for a night while we relaxed out by the resorts' pool for two days- and she was thanking me?? But that's Heidi. She not only cares and unconditionally loves everyone in this family, she genuinely appreciates and cherishes every moment. She has the ultimate servants' heart, and I love that about her.
So here's another little flashback picture- this is Heidi holding Tyler at one day old!

If it's true that you can tell a lot about someone by the company that they keep- then I must be one blessed woman.
Love you both!

1 comment:

emily morgan said...

Yep I'm a darn good sister... and the worlds BEST Aunt!!