Monday, June 22, 2009

Papa Knows Best.

So, many of you may not know this- but my dad is an amazing swimmer. He started swimming when he was probably around Bella's age, and he swam competitively his entire childhood and into his adult years. He was ranked All-American many times over, and got offers from colleges and universities (one of which from Pepperdine! How can you say no to that?!) but all's well that ends well- because his decision not to go to Pepperdine led to him meeting my mom in a calculus class one day...and the rest is history. Anyway, he continued swimming in leagues and Master's swim teams as an adult- even completing triathlons and various organized ocean swims. Most importantly, he taught Emily and I how to swim as toddlers. While in SD this past weekend, I watched an old home video of myself just before my 3rd birthday, and I was swimming all alone- like a little fish!! I can't believe how young I was! So this past weekend Papa played in the spa with Bella a little, and with the "magic of his ways" he somehow got her to get over her fear of submerging her head in the water. We have been working on that in her swim lessons, but she just picked it right up with Papa! Forget spending money at her swim lessons...I should just get my dad to come out here for a week and teach her to swim! So here is a little clip of their progress together :-)

1 comment:

Jenna Jill said...

Courage is not the lack of fear, but proceeding inspite of it. YEY Bella!!! That's a big deal. That is so awesome. I love that.