Thursday, June 4, 2009

You Wish You Knew These Girls.

OK, like I said in the first post below, I am aware that I have been absent lately from my usual writing ans postings- but it's never to late to share with you a very special DOUBLE birthday shout-out to two very wonderful women in my life
Meet Heather and Amanda.
Both shared birthdays recently (not the same day, but close enough to share this special blog post), and so it's only fitting that I brag on my friends a little bit :-)

Heather is a complete joy and blessing to my life. She and I have shared some pretty dark moments in each others' lives, and we have weathered through some deep valleys together. But there is no one better to walk through those valleys with than Heather. She is kind, slow to speak and slow to become angry, listens with all her heart, and truly loves people as they are. She is fiercely loyal and has put my best interest before her own on multiple occasions. You know when you can just sit with someone and not have to say anything at all and its completely comfortable and at ease? That's Heather. We share a (shameful) obsession for reality shows and celebrity magazines and we both relish in our roles as moms together. She's my sidekick, my sister-in-Christ, my daughters' Godmother, my therapist, my shopping companion and my daily "just-calling-you-to-check-in-today" friend. How amazing is that?!

Amanda brings honesty and laughter to my life. You never have to beat around the bush with Amanda, and you know that she won't either! She's genuine to the bone, and when she laughs- I just dare you to try not to laugh along with her. Her spirit is contagious, and she will always be the first one to reach out and introduce to herself to someone new. I appreciate her for so many reasons. I like to think that she's the official "group counselor" to us all...after all, what good is a friend with her Masters in Counseling if you can't use her?! :-) And I think one of the best qualities about Amanda is her willingness and desire to meet people where they are at. I can't tell you how many times she has brought me lunch to my house just so that I can have 30 minutes of girl-talk, or the way she is so loving and welcoming of my kids (and every one's kids!)- because with Amanda, if something is important to you- then its important to Amanda. I'm inspired by her.

So there you have it! Thanks for letting me gush a little about these women :-) Girls, you keep me grounded, keep me laughing, keep me encouraged and help me keep my eyes on Jesus. And for that, I thank you and love you.

1 comment:

The Abram Family said...

I'm so blessed to have a bff like you!!!