Saturday, June 13, 2009

Keepin' Active

Well, summer has officially started in full swing around here. Although I must admit, the weather has not been nearly as bad as it has before..we have been enjoying a relatively cool June thus far. But even so- it's just a matter of time before I wake up and am reminded of where I live when my iPhone tells me it's 90 outside at 7:00 in the morning. But since this will be my 4th summer here in Scottsdale, I have learned a few tricks of the trade...for one, inside activities are my new best friend. Working out at our gym while the kids play at the Tot Stop, enrolling the kids in gymnastics and dance classes (for Bella, mind you. You won't be seeing Tyler in a dance class anytime soon...but the boy can shake his thing when asked!) tumbling classes, seeing movies, shopping, taking advantage of open gym, indoor bounce houses, playing at every splash pad, swimming in our pool...you get the idea. Anythings that keeps us cool and entertained. Plus, I believe that kids should be moving. Don't get me wrong- I see nothing wrong with cartoons and watching movies (trust me- Noggin and Disney channel are staples in our house), but there are limits to everything. So I've done some research and explored new ways to get out of the house and do fun stuff with my two cuties this summer.
Here is Bella at her new "Move n' Tumble" class. It's perfect for her because it's just 3 & 4 year olds, so she has lots of kids her own age to run around with.

And here we are at open gym at our gymnastics place, where Ty loves this fun little car swing. He loves it when I push him, but then loses interest after about a minute..and then he's off and running to the next thing. Typical little boy, right?

On Thursday I took the kids to one of the libraries around here for a "Shake Rattle & Roll" class at their children's center and although Bella clung to my leg for the first 5 minutes- they were both dancing and giggling by the end of the class. And, again, Ty sure can dance!

No comments: