Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Did Someone Say December?!

Well, I'll be.
As we wrap up a busy weekend filled with family and activity, I sit here trying to catch up and look at my schedule for the next couple weeks....only to find that Christmas is just over 2 weeks away! I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year because Ty is old enough to understand the fun of opening presents, and both kids are eagerly looking forward to our tradition of making cookies and leaving them out for Santa :-)
We've got many parties to attend (and host), dinner with friends planned, gifts to buy and wrap, and some new fun surprise activities coming up that we have planned for the kids. Phew!
Exhausted doesn't even begin to cover it!
But first things first- I must give some special attention to a few awesome cousins.
We were super excited to be blessed with the company of John's cousins Arece and O'Neal, and O'Neal's wife Bridget, this past weekend. They flew in from Minnesota for a quick weekend getaway, and to attend the Vikings vs. Cardinals game.
Sure, they are smiling here...but that quickly changed, right guys?! ;-)
We enjoyed meals together, roasted marshmallows, got spa pedicures ( a little treat for us girls), shopped, played games, watched football, went out to dinner, saw an improv comedy show, and visited with family. All in one weekend!
I told you we have been busy!

But who needs sleep, right? We gave that up 4 years ago :-)Once again, thanks guys for coming out to visit. We had a blast with you and enjoyed every minute.

And in another special cousin shout-out...I have the pleasure of announcing that my adorable cousin Lindsay and her husband Ian are expecting their first baby! To know Lindsay is to instantly love her. It's hard not to be drawn to her bubbly and contagious personality. Linds, you and Ian are going to be incredible parents for that very blessed little baby. I can't wait!

And now I head out to tackle the rest of this busy week....happy tuesday! :-)

3 comments:

Wayne & Shawna said...

I cracked up seeing John in the background of your photos with the girls and his facial expression roasting marshmallows! Looks like you guys had a great weekend! :)

Melissa Morelli said...

Congrats to Lindsay...I remember her from years and years ago! :)

Lindsay said...

Aww thank you so much Bri for carving a little space out in your blog to think of me :)

And...Yes Melissa I totally remember you too! Back when Bri lived in Santa Rosa..and I was her little shadow for the week and visited the all girls school!