Wednesday, December 2, 2009

This One's Just For Me.

Bella said something hilarious the other day, and I giggled about it all afternoon.
Then the next day I couldn't remember what she sad that made me laugh! I tried to recall our conversation...but I seriously couldn't remember.
Then it dawned on me- if I don't write some of these down, I could loose all these memories. I'm terrible about writing in baby book, so since I have made the resolution to print my blog at the end of each year, this would be the perfect place to document some words and sayings that come from the kids, so that I'll always have them to read and remember.
It may bore some of you reading, but this post is just for me!

Bella- Age 4
***********
- Says "carpose" instead of "purpose". She's always tattling on Tyler and telling me he did something "on carpose".

-When we put her to bed and tell her she can watch 10 minutes of her movie for quiet time, we often hear her singing and dancing. And when we open her door, we find her dressed in a princess dress, standing on her bed and singing to the music in her Barbie movie.

- When she gets disciplined or gets in trouble for doing
something- she tells us that we are "making her heart sad".

- She wants to bring a Barbie wherever she goes.

- LOVES having someone snuggle with her and scratch her back {wonder where she got that from}

- Asks us every morning if she can wear a dress today.

- She's an expert at puzzles, loves designing "cards" for people, and absolutely loves watching our home movies on the computer.

- She's an excellent singer!

- She strips down to her underwear the minute we get home from anywhere. Both her and Tyler love playing without clothes on. I can't remember the last time she played in the playroom with her clothes on.... not counting her trunk of dress-up clothes, of course.

- She barely eats. I swear, I don't know how she survives.

- She's already and expert negotiator. She can argue her case in any situation.....which often drives us nuts.

- She never walks anywhere. She either gallops, skips or twirls around as she moves. I think making her walk normally would be torture for her.

- She has a soft spot for her little brother. Sometimes I find them sitting together on the couch watching cartoons, and she has her arm around him, and he has his head on her shoulder. I get choked up as I think about it!

Tyler: Age 2
***********
- He still can't properly pronounce things, which cracks us up. Our personal favorite is the way he says "yes". He says "less", like with a little lisp :-)

- Favorite new phrases as of recently:
"I don't want to."
"Play with you?" (when he wants us to play with him)
"Oh! Sorry!" (I just loves the way he exclaims Oh!)
"Bella at school? Daddy at work? (takes inventory of where everyone is every day)
"I'm all done too!" (when he wants to get down from the dinner table with bella)
"Play basketball!!"
"Sit in lap?"
"Tyler's big boy bed!" (he likes to show off his new room)
"Here you go"
"What's that?" (pronounced, "whas dat?")
"Pee Pee Peepa Pizza" (Peter Piper Pizza- his fav)

- His favorite book is The Hungry Caterpillar, which he pronounces, "Hungry Cato!"

- He loves anything with basketballs, trains, trucks or airplanes.

- Lately he's been putting up a fit at nap time, and has been known to fall asleep on his floor out of exhaustion. One time we found him on the hallway floor, asleep. Who knows how long he was there!

- On Sundays, he always asks if he can sit in John's lap, and he LOVES watching football with him. He'll actually sit there totally content for hours!

- If we turn on Boom Boom Pow, by the Black Eyed Peas, he starts dancing like a maniac.

- If you pretend to be sad, he really upsets him. He comes right over to give you a hug and a kiss. Such a sweet sensitive boy :-)

- He inhales rice. Any kind of rice. It's his favorite.

That's all I can think of right now. But I'm going to be more conscious of remembering to write these little things down, so that I can have them documented somewhere. And for nostalgia sake, these are some cute pictures I found of when Ty is 6 months old and Bella is almost 3. I can't believe how small they look!

5 comments:

nanabanana said...

I forgot to tell you, when Bella and Marley were playing on Sat., Marley came to tell me that "Bella hurt my feelings", which caused Bella to tell me that "Marley broke my heart!" Too funny.....

The Abram Family said...

Love it. I will always remember you telling Bella that I needed to borrow her book for just one hour and she said no, that I could only borrow it for one day! So funny and so cute!

Wayne & Shawna said...

I love reading about your kids, they are so adorable! I can't believe they are getting so big! :)

Jenna Jill said...

Ahhh ha ha ha.... your kids Bri. Oh man. I love them and I don't even know them. God is such a good God. He hides some of the most valuable and precious moments in the middle of a very simple day. :)

The Fay Family said...

I feel that same way. I have to write stuff down or I will forget it and the say the funniest stuff sometimes. I loved this post! IT made me smile!