Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm At It Again.


Thank goodness for my delicious fruit trees!
Over the past 3 years that we have lived in this house, the harvest has almost doubled each year. I'm not sure what I'm doing right {or wrong} but they seem to be flourishing. As a side-note, if I don't use any fertilizer or chemicals on them....and they just seem to grow from sun and water alone....are they considered organic? Just curious.
Anyway, my dad and I picked all the fruit off the grapefruit tree, as well as the remainder of oranges from the orange tree {The lymons are pretty much done for the season, and my passion fruits haven't blossomed yet}.
We set to work with our grapefruit harvest and put the juicer to work yet again. This time, my whole family jumped in to help.
I'm telling you- it's the best juice ever. I usually don't drink juice- I don't know why, but I just don't. In fact, I probably drink Crystal Light more often than regular juice {I know, I know....tsk tsk} Actually, I probably drink more Diet Pepsi than I do juice or water....even worse, right?? Somewhere, there is a dietitian who is shaking her head in shame for me. But now I'm actually turning into a juice snob.
Only freshly squeezed juice will do.
Over a glass of crushed ice.
With a straw, please :-)

No comments: