Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Squirrel!"

Ok, so many {or most} of you probably aren't laughing right now....but I bet Emily is ;-) We have this running inside joke whenever one of us looses our train of thought or gets very distracted...we yell "squirrel!" and start laughing.
It's a little line from a movie, and I think it may be too hard to explain...but it just makes me
smile.
Well, that is how I feel lately. Distracted.
I guess I should be pretty proud of myself, actually. I've managed to keep things going at home and around the house, work at the hospital, take the kids to do some really fun stuff lately, cook my very first Thanksgiving dinner {I'm very proud!} and spend quite a bit of time working on my new hobby.
The other night John and I took the kids out to do something fun, and enjoy some family time together, and a little comment from Bella just about made my week... We took them to a huge decorated Christmas lights display, and walked around as we pushed them all snuggled in the jogging stroller. When we had finished the path, we hopped on the little train that gives you a tour of the lights, set to Christmas carols. John and I squished ourselves into a tiny caboose {that train was clearly not made for adults} and watched with contentment as our kids lit up with excitement at every new lights display. They were both {unusually/pleasantly} quiet as they took it all in. Out of nowhere, I hear Bella's soft little voice say to herself,
"wow. This is fun."
And she meant it. You could tell by the way she kept looking at us and then at Ty and giggling with joy.
So even amidst my distractions, Bella- in her own unknowing way- reminded me to enjoy those little moments.
I have some pictures from our fabulous Thanksgiving dinner {special thanks to my assistant chef Emily}, but I haven't downloaded them yet, so I'll get on that soon. For now, here's a quick shot I took of our good friends the Yules. :-)
I have sooo much to do lately...like I said before- "Squirrel!"

2 comments:

Wayne & Shawna said...

great photo! see you do beautiful photography! :) I am so excited about Sunday!!

emily morgan said...

I can relate sister! seems my whole life lately has been one big....."squirrel!" moment. But this post made me giggle- thanks for the much needed laugh. Love you!!