Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yep, That's Right. I Made Fresh-Squeezed Orange Juice.


I started with a big ol' bucket of oranges we had collected recently.
I mean, there's just no way we could eat all these oranges {if they were pomegranates, I could probably put a good size dent in the bucket :-) } So with Bella as my trusty side-kick, we started making a pile of all the oranges to be squeezed.
Don't they look awesome? Nothing like home grown fruit. It just tastes better.
And I have this new handy electric juicer thanks to Aunt Katherine! So this was it's maiden juicing.
Isabella loved the whole juicing process, it created a slight mess with all the excess pulp being filtered out {I personally like my orange juice with very very little pulp. Pulp gives me the eebie-jeebies. It's like little pieces of skin. Yuck!} And Bella was delighted to get able to sit on the counter and make a mess :-)
It took us a while to get through all the oranges, and we also threw in some tangerines...but soon we had a gorgeous pitcher of fresh orange juice! You just don't get that deep orange color and quality like that from concentrate ;-)
So what's next for me? Home-made bars of soap? Learn to whittle myself some new furniture? Actually, next on the list is John's mom's recipe for home-made sticky buns. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

LaVonne said...

Can you share the stickie bun recipe?